WordPress 5.0 Beta 3 is now available!
This software is still in development, so we don’t recommend you run it on a production site. Consider setting up a test site to play with the new version.
WordPress 5.0 is slated for release on November 19 , and we need your help to get there. Here are some of the big issues that we’ve fixed since Beta 2:
The block editor has been updated to include all of the features and bug fixes from the upcoming Gutenberg 4.2 release . Additionally, there are some newer bug fixes and features, such as:
- Adding support for the “Custom Fields” meta box.
- Improving the reliability of REST API requests.
- A myriad of minor tweaks and improvements.
Twenty Nineteen has been updated from its GitHub repository , this version is full of new goodies to check out:
- Adds support for Selective Refresh Widgets in the Customiser.
- Adds support for Responsive Embeds.
- Tweaks to improve readability and functionality on mobile devices.
- Fixes nested blocks appearing wider than they should be.
- Fixes some errors in older PHP versions, and in IE11.
How to Help
Do you speak a language other than English? Help us translate WordPress into more than 100 languages!
If you’re able to contribute with coding or testing changes, we have a multitude of bug scrubs scheduled this week, we’d love to have as many people as we can ensuring all bugs reported get the attention they deserve.
If you think you’ve found a bug, you can post to the Alpha/Beta area in the support forums. We’d love to hear from you! If you’re comfortable writing a reproducible bug report, file one on WordPress Trac , where you can also find a list of known bugs .
WordPress Five Point Oh
is just two short weeks away.
Thank you for helping!